Sunday, July 14, 2013

We are so sorry that we haven't blogged in a long time!  We have been so busy!! Yes, we know that it looks like we are on vacation all the time, but we promise that we are not!  We seem to never sit down and are booked every night and most days with missionary things.  We have started a new FHE in Vecindario and Institute class also.  We have 3 english classes and piano lessons!  Add in another FHE, Institute class in Las Palmas, a cooking class and we teach with the missionaries just about every day . . . . . . . you have our schedule!  We also had zone conference this past week at our house.  We had 30 missionaries at our house for 2 days!  We fed, played, and housed them all!  It was a great time!!

Here is a sampling of what we have been doing this past month:







My nephew Ben and his wife Becca and their children, Hannah, Sarah and Justin came to visit us for a few days.  It was so much fun!  Here Ben is skippering when we were out sailing with Domingo, who has a gold medal in sailing from the Barcelona Olympics!  (Not a bad teacher, eh?)  The swells were pretty big that day!














We visited the old Cathedral and Columbus's house.  Here are Ben and Becca in front of Columbus's house at the fountain that was there when Christopher was living here.














Here is Justing, Hannah, Elder Buhler and Sarah on top of the Cathedral.  Don't worry, we took the elevator to the top!  Las Palmas is a beautiful place!









We went deep sea fishing one day and here are our catches of the day!  Yes, 3 tuna!!  They were great eating!  My favorite comment of the day was when Sarah said, "I feel so bad killing something, but it was so much fun!!"  Pretty much sums up the day!











We leave you with a parting shot of Hannah skippering with Domingo!  We had so much fun with Ben, Becca and family!  We feel like we need a few more days with them!  So this is their invitation to come back because we miss you!!  Also we have some Canarian potatoes and Alioli sauce to give you!













I know that I already posted pictures of our Gran Canaria P-day at our house, but this picture is just too good to not share!!  Here is Hermana Floyd and Hermana Zitting planning their win in "PIG"!












For one of our JAS activities we learned how to index.  The JAS were awesome at it!!  I can't say that I was the best at indexing in español, but Amy set me up to index in english when she came and I do so much better!!









Indexing away!!














Elder Buhler helping with the indexing!











Javier and Aida made we a special treat for my birthday!!  After english class, we celebrated!!  I love them!











On my birthday after district meeting, we all went out to lunch at VIPS restaurant.  It was so much fun!!  We celebrated my and Hermana Zittings birthdays.  (my birthday was the 12th and Hermana Zittings birthday was the 13th).  They had some "American" food at this restaurant with great milk-shakes!!














This was our birthday cake that Elder Buhler made for us!  He did it all by himself!! Yes, even the decorating!  Pretty good?















Hermana Zitting and I blowing out our birthday candles!  Great day!











This is actually on Hermana Zitting's birthday after english class.  Our class sang Happy Birthday to us and we had cake and ice cream.  We are with two investigators Vincenti and Jaime.











Hermanas Floyd and Zitting - pretty happy!!















The young adults made me a cake for my birthday!  They know that I love M & M's!  I also love the candle!  Thanks so much for the best birthday ever, I felt like I celebrated it for a whole week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment